1. What is the Perdana Fellows programme?
wowintro is teaming up with YB Khairy Jamaluddin and the Ministry of Youth and Sports for the Perdana Fellows programme 2016 intake! An initiative organized by the Malaysian government, Perdana Fellows is a program spearheaded by the Ministry of Youth and Sports to present Malaysian youths the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be personally engaged at the highest levels of the federal government and contribute to nation-building. The chosen candidates will be exposed to policy work and assist in national agendas under the direct supervisions of the Cabinet Ministers, the Deputy Minister and Prime Minister. The programme is divided into two sectors, Perdana Fellows Graduate and Perdana Fellows Undergraduate. For more info, click here!
2. How do I apply for the Perdana Fellows Programme?
3. What do I say in my wowintro for Perdana Fellows?
4. Do I need to create a wowintro to apply for Perdana Fellows?
Applicants interested in applying for the Perdana Fellows programme are encouraged to submit a 30-second wowintro along with their résumé/CV as part of their official application even if it is not a compulsory step. As YB Khairy Jamaluddin says in his wowintro, he would love for applicants to submit a wowintro as well so that the Ministry may get to know applicants better beyond their applications. Submitting a wowintro for your Perdana Fellows application may increase your chances of being selected as the Ministry may form a greater impression of you based on your video! Grab the opportunity to have an added advantage in securing a spot under the programme!
5. How do I register for wowintro?
It's simple - click here to register for a wowintro account today! Once you've registered, record and upload a 30-second wowintro video and tag it with #PerdanaFellows!
6. What is the difference between the Perdana Fellows Graduate and Undergraduate programme?
Perdana Fellows Graduate is designed specifically for fresh graduates while Perdana Fellows Undergraduate caters specifically for undergraduate university students.
7. What are the criteria for the Perdana Fellows programme?
Perdana Fellows Undergraduate
Perdana Fellows Graduate
The Perdana Fellows Undergraduate programme is open to all students enrolled in higher institutes of learning, subject to the requirements outlined below. Candidates must be prepared to commit a minimum of 6 weeks to the programme. Perdana Fellows Undergraduate is designed to benefit exceptional students who wish to be part of the nation-building process while honing their leadership skills at the highest levels of government.
The Perdana Fellows Graduate programme is open to all fresh graduates from universities subject to the requirements outlined below. Candidates must be prepared to commit a minimum of 3 months to the programme. Perdana Fellows Graduate is designed to benefit ambitious young men and women who wish to gain a deeper understanding of national governance and be part of the policy-making process within the highest levels of federal government.
8. What is the duration of the timeline to submit applications for Perdana Fellows?
Candidates interested in applying for the Perdana Fellows programme may start applying from the 15th of February onwards. Applications are open for ONE (1) MONTH and will close on the 15th of March, so hurry!
9. How many candidates will be accepted/chosen for the programme?
For the Perdana Fellows 2016 intake, at least 70 exceptional candidates will be chosen.
10. Where exactly will the candidates for Perdana Fellows Graduate and Undergraduate be placed within the government?
The Perdana Fellows programme is committed towards providing the best training ground for its fellows. Therefore all fellows will be mentored directly by Cabinet Ministers, including the Deputy Prime Minister and Prime Minister.
11. What will my responsibilties as a Perdana Fellow be?
As a Perdana Fellow, you will be serving as an executive intern to a cabinet minister where you will:
12. I have successfully completed my studies but have yet to receive my Certificate of Completion. Should I apply under the student or graduate catergory?
In this case, students must apply under the student category. Exchange process to graduate category can be made later upon receiving the certificate of completion obtained from the university.
13. I have a regular job but I'm interested in joining tis programme. Any conditions imposed on applicants like me?
Applicants who are working have to quit their job or take an unpaid leave to attend this programme. A confirmation letter in regard with this matter must be included with the application.
14. Can civil servants participate in this programme?
This programme is organised for students and graduates to gain experience and understand how the government manages the country. As such, civil servants who wish to participate in this programme must follow the condtion of resigning from your current position or take unpaid leave.
15. How much time does it take to complete the Perdana Fellows Graduate programme?
Each fellow under this program must be prepared to commit a minimum amount of 3 months for the programme, while the maximum amount of time a fellow may be allowed to continue is 6 months.
16. How much time does it take to complete the Perdana Fellows Undergraduate programme?
Each fellow under Perdana Fellows Undergraduate must be prepared to commit a minimum amount of 6 weeks of this programme, while the maximum amount of a time a fellow may be allowed to continues is 3 months.
17. Will Perdana Fellows provide an allowance for all fellows?
Yes, Fellows under the Perdana Fellows Undergraduate programme will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,500 while Fellows under the Perdana Fellows Graduate programme will be given a monthly allowance of RM3,000.
18. Can fellows choose to stay permanently in the ministry, or choose to lengthen their working period?
Fellows are free to accept any offers from their respective Cabiner Ministers to continue their term. However, any subsequent arrangements are not considered to be under the Perdana Fellows programme.
19. Will fellows be under assessment by their mentors or receive certificates for their participation?
Each fellow will be under continuos assessment by their mentors and a certificate to confirm and validate their participation will be awarded to all fellows during next year's programme.
20. Will I be notified if my application is not successful?
Only successful candidates will be notified before 9th May 2016.
21. Will fellows be immediately integrated into their respective ministries upon commencement of the programme?
All fellows will go through an orientation programme coordinated by the Ministry of Youth and Sports to help familiarize themselves with tasks and processes within the government. Fellows should not expect to be automatically offered employment by the respective ministries once the programme has ended.
22. Will Perdana Fellows be provided with accommodation?
No, fellows will not be provided accommodation.